Friday, January 16, 2009

:(

So I just left my kids and it breaks my heart. When I walked in to the orphanage today all the kids where there, I guess there was no school, and they started screaming my name and were running up to me to give me a hug. I felt so excited, happy, loved, and like I was making a difference. Today we went to the field since it was only about 80 degrees here today. We ran around and played soccer and braided hair, and jumped on each other and just enjoyed having the company of each other. This has been such an eye opening experience for me and I cannot thank those enough who helped make it happen. This trip has had more meaning than many other things in my life and it will be unforgetable. As much as I will miss Tanzania, and as much as I thought about changing my flight and not coming home, I do look forward to seeing everyone when I get back, although I am not looking forward to the 17 degree weather...talk about a difference. I want to thank everyone for reading my blog and for all the comments. I am glad you got to share some of my amazing experience with me. It is really hard me for to find the words to write right now because I am leaving a life I have fallen in love with and do not want to leave. I have met some of the greatest people from around the world and the greatest children here. I know I have a life to get back to but this has been an experience that has changed me forever!

1 comment:

  1. Lindsay, sometimes it takes experience such as this one to make us appreachate what we have. It's experience such as these that make people better at heart, better decision makers. Remember everything about th elife there when you return, and charish your memories. It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete