Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Amsterdam








So I just arrived from Detroit to Amsterdam.  It is 8:10 here and 2:10 back in the USA.  It was a started slow with a delay in Greensboro, but eventually made it to Detroit.  From there it was a 7.5 hour flight on Northwest A330 plane that seats 300 people.  Got to watch a good movie though...The Women...there is not one man in the movie.  They served some pretty decent food.  Started with a Chinese chicken dish with salad and oreos (random) for dinner and then for breakfast we had a tropical fruit cup and egg and cheese biscuit.  At one point during my flight it was -75 degrees outside...pretty chilly.  It is about 15 degrees here right now.  I was really nervous at first but now I am so excited I could barely sleep on the plane.  Here are some pics...it was amazing from the plane but those didnt show up.  I saw some shooting stars over the Atlantic Ocean.  It really makes you think about how wonderful everything is.  Another random note, they automatically convert your internet pages to Dutch when you turn on your computer.  I can type in English but everything else on the page is Dutch.  Well My next flight leaves at 10:10 to Tanzania-I arrive at around 9 pm.   The top pics are from Amsterdam, Bottom pics from Detroit.

1 comment:

  1. Linz
    Happy New Year. You'll never forget where you were when you welcomed in 2009. Are you going to be able to run there? Also have you met your host family yet? Send pics!!!You look so happy. Keep telling us what you eat and how the money you spend equates to our $$. Just got back from the hotel but can't seem to concentrate, always wondering what you are doing. Have fun and be safe
    Love
    Mom

    ReplyDelete